Darkwood Tower
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darkwood Tower

The forums for commentary, general discussion, and fun for everything related to Darkwood Tower Publishing

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Pamphlet Adventure Series

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Pamphlet Adventure Series Empty The Pamphlet Adventure Series Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:33 pm

Darkwood Tower

Darkwood Tower
Admin

Hey everyone,

So we have three pamphlet adventures up. I like these a lot for two reasons: 1) they are a lot of fun to write, and 2) they generate a lot of traffic to the website. This is an important marketing tool for us as we move forward, and as you guys seek to develop projects of your own (hopefully) we can get them up for sale and people will want them based on our free stuff (at least, thats the business plan!)

Anywho,

I do need more ideas. I'd like to release a pamphlet adventure once every week. So far we have three up:

Whispers in the Sand
The Isle of Mysteries
The Tower of Crystal

Any one who is interested in doing others, post here. I can email you the OpenOffice format for the Pamphlet Adventure. Or you can send me notes in .rtf, or .doc and I can convert it over into the format and put it up under your name.

Roughly: two pages, three columns. Six columns total. Five columns used for text, first column used as "title page."

I am working on getting some displays made for "in store" distribution, and these pamphlets will be going up in those.

This will eventually require a new product naming and number scheme:

DWT ( Darkwood Tower)
PA (Pamphlet Adventure)
XXXX- (Month(XX)/Year(XX))
X (1, 2, 3, or 4)

So there are four releases for March, the product code would look like

DWT PA 0310-1 OMG TREASURES!
DWT PA 0310-2 I think I just died Sad
DWT PA 0310-3 GAR! PIRATES!
DWT PA 0310-4 Last of em this month!

This will be important for our catalog.

Thus if someone ever says to us, "Hey what was that great adventure..." we can find it and send em out another one! Smile

I hope to generate a lot of "foot traffic" with these, and get more traffic to the website. This will then hopefully generate sales of product, so get ideas ready for publications and releases. I'll work on a contract this week while I work on Initiates of the Black Book.

Darkwood Tower

https://darkwoodtower.board-directory.net

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum